Ideal of refrigeration system is closed system, that mean system don’t receive and discard mass that is called refrigerant such as R-22 and R-134 on environment. But usually in system have higher pressure than environment, so pressure form system castaway through environment. As soon as possible we refill refrigerant with schedule before lost refrigerant on system. If we are late to refill refrigerant, system will be reduced their life time. Actually when refill refrigerant, something or even every act we us service of refrigerant ace.
There some matters must be cared by us as costumer when us their service.
- Be sure system will be vacuumed with vacuum pump. vacuum pressure not only help refrigerant enter on system, but also avoid other gas contain on system beside refrigerant gas. Therefore, vacuum pump must act at least 30 minute on small system (maybe ac split). When system contain other gas, system will not optimal on heat transfer an low pressure.
- You must understand about characteristic of your refrigerant system, usually hang on beside your condenser. there are cooling capacity ( heat can absorb), refrigerant (refrigerant recommended from manufacture to get cooling capacity optimum), design pressure (working pressure at low and high pressure), weight (total weight on condenser, compressor, evaporator), and electrical power (volt and current). Serviceman can use 3 method to refill refrigerant
- The first from working pressure, but this method needs pressure on section and discard compressor. Actual system without connected on system, If serviceman use this method, he must make penetration to connect pressure gauge. Limit on pressure on catalog system (Bellow picture)
- The second use weight refrigerant with weight scale. refrigerant storage has high pressure and system has vacuum pressure, so refrigerant flow automatic through system.
- The third use electric parameter, service man needs voltage meter. He refill refrigerant until limit volt on compressor. Contain refrigerant on system along with voltage compressor to compress refrigerant gases, because compressor need higher torsion than less refrigerant.
- Be sure exactly refrigerant agree with catalog from manufacture. For example system on above picture recommend use R-22. If wrong, that can impact on cooling capacity from the system even with same weight